So these seriously turned out amazing. The outside of the cookie is nice and crunchy and the inside is nice and soft. I made a double batch because I made the cookies alittle bigger than they called for and that does not make many. So worth making though.
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar.
* Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.