Saturday, January 1, 2011

Oreo Truffles

I will admit when I first read about the ingredients in this I was a skeptic. I was not sure these were going to be any good. Coupled with the fact that the commissary here in Belgium seemed to not want to have Oreos in stock for well we are going on month 2 now. Last time I went they had low fat or mint.. yeah not what I needed for this. Thankfully a kind soul on my facebook felt bad & sent some to me all the way from the states! Then my hubs had to go TDY in Germany and brought home 3 packs. Bless him seriously. So they finally they got to be made!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg.  (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups) ( I used blender)
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted 
There are two ways to crush oreos. You can ziploc baggy them & go over them with a rolling pin or my favorite way crush them in a blender. The boys loved pushing the button to blend em. 

Directions:
MIX cream cheese and 4 cups cookie crumbs until well blended.
SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls.
Refriderate for an hour or so & then melt chocolate in the microwave & dip balls in them & set them on parchment paper & decorate with melted white chocolate or sprinkles or just leave em with the chocolate.
Store in the fridge when not eating.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my ultimate favorite recipes! I used to make then all the time....I'm glad I saw this, I'll have to make a batch.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my favorite thing to make! I eat them all the time straight out of the freezer. The colder the better! I ate my fair share of these this past Christmas. I am going to make them again for Valentines day and decorate them with sprinkles.

      Delete