Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Home made pound cake with Home made whip cream

So I am on vacation. I normally live in Belgium but came home to visit my parents in Warner Robins Georgia. My husband and I were stationed here before Belgium and this is really where I consider home. So I have really enjoyed being back and shopping for things I can not get in Belgium and loving all the fast food =P My waist has not but I can always lose it when I get home. Anyways I decided to make a dessert for the 4th of July. I decided on home made pound cake by Paula Deen and then home made whip cream that I found on Kitchen Boss. I hope you guys will enjoy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pound Cake Ingredients

1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 (8 ounce) package low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
3 cups granulated white sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups cake flour, sifted twice after measuring
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan (I like to use the nonstick spray that is especially for baking... with the flour mixed into it). Spray the middle part of the Bundt Pan really really well!

2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until well combined. Add in sugar and continue to mix for about 6 minutes, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, until well blended. Gradually add the flour, beating and scraping down the sides until it is all incorporated. Mix in salt and extracts.

3. Pour into prepared pan. Hit the pan gently on the counter about 5 times to help settle the batter and remove any air pockets. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours. The cake is done when it pulls away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

4. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.

Fresh Whip Cream

Ingredients

3 cups of Heavy Whip Cream
1/2 cup of sugar (use as much to your taste) I ended up putting almost 3/4 C because I like mine sweeter.

Directions:
1. Put the cream and sugar in a bowl and whip with on high speed with a hand mixer fitted with the blending attachments. Do not over mix or you’ll end up with butter.
2. The cream can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Whip by hand to refresh before using.


Fruit Mixture:
Mix two or three berries with a little bit of water and sugar and refrigerated until serving. Serve over the pound cake for super yumminess!

0 comments:

Post a Comment