So if you have not gathered yet I am a huge fan of Bananas. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. I love finding new ways to incorporate them into things. So I ran across this recipe and new that I had to try this one. I had dinner guests over so it worked out well and gave me the perfect excuse to make it up. Now I am seriously not a good froster when it comes to cakes. Its something I need to practice. I hope you guys try it because it was really really good.
Recipe from the kitchn
3/4 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups caramel sauce
1.Heat oven to 325
2. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy then add the eggs and beat until silky and lightened.
3. Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt.
4. Whisk the milk and mashed bananas in a separate bowl & add to the eggs and butter, alternating with the flour. Beat just until smooth.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pans. Pour half the caramel sauce into each pan, and swirl with a knife. The pans will be quite full. Put in the oven carefully and bake for about 60 minutes, or until the centers are set and a knife comes out clean.
Caramel Buttercream- Recipe from I am Baker
4 cups powder sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 tablespoon caramel topping
1-6 tablespoons of milk to reach desired consistency
1. Cream shortening, milk, and caramel together on low speed and slowly add in sugar until fully incorporated.
Tips & Suggestions:
I always have amazing results with cakes coming out of the pan when I rub the pan down with butter and then spray a little of the baking spray with flour.
Also with the frosting it does not stay on the cake very well so don't use a ton of milk. I should have used less with mine.