Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes

Occasionally there are days that you just need a cupcake, specifically a chocolate one. So I made the hike to the commissary here which is 30-40 mins away from my house and bought the stuff I needed and then came home and made them until about 8:30. That is how bad my day was that I needed a cupcake =P They were well worth the work as well! The frosting that originally came with the recipe looked to watery for my tastes so I just came up with one of my own. I just played around with the amount of peanut butter and powdered sugar and milk. Just use what ever consistency you like.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ingredients:

-1 box Devil’s Food cake mix

-1-1/4 cup water

-1/2 cup oil

-3 eggs

-1 bag of Reese's cups the mini ones

Icing Ingredients:
-1/3 cup smooth natural peanut butter

-3 cups powdered sugar

-1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

-1/4 cup milk (plus more to achieve desired consistency)

Directions:
1. Mix cupcake mix, oil, water & eggs well for 2 mins or until smooth and there are no lumps.
2. Fill a cupcake pan with liners or spray well with non stick cooking spray about 2/3 full.
3. Bake according to the box time. I baked mine about 18 mins and they came out perfect. Always check with a tooth pick and make sure it comes out clean though.
4. As soon as you pull the cupcakes out take a mini reese's cup out and push down in the middle
5. Wait until the cupcakes are all the way cooled down and then frost them. Frost fast because the peanut butter will set the icing fast.

Enjoy

2 comments: