- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 can (20 oz) of pineapple slices
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3/4 stick butter
1 c. white sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 T. rum (optional)
1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a sauce pan over medium heat melt the brown sugar & butter until its smooth.
3. Pour into a well greased or cooking sprayed 10 inch round cake pan.
4. Take pineapple slices and put them on top of caramel as in the picture below. You can also put cherries in the middles if you so desire.
5. Set the cake pan aside and onto the cake.
6. Mix flour, baking powder, & salt in a small bowl and set aside.
7. Mix butter in a stand mixer until nice and smooth. Then add sugar and cream together until its nice and fluffy looking.
8. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the rum and vanilla and mix well.
9. Add half the dry mixture and mix until combine.
10. add the pineapple juice and it might splatter so mix and lowest setting.
11. add the rest of the dry mix and mix well.
12. Pour over the pineapple caramel mix and spread over it very very carefully.
13. Put into the oven and bake for 40 to 45 mins. Check to make sure it is done by sticking a toothpick and making sure it comes out mostly clean. Let sit for 10 mins and run a knife around the edges and then flip.